Friday 24 April 2009

Anthem For Doomed Britain

Excellent appraisal of the disaster that is New Labour at Heresy Corner: Where Did It All Go?

Listen to a recording of the new anthem for England, as produced by the Arts Council and the BBC for yesterday's St George's Day. Cranmer has a copy of the lyrics. I don't think I need to say anything, do I?

The new headteacher at our grandson's primary school is not getting off to a good start with us. He's sent a letter to parents and it's full of typical New Labour newspeak with its 'whole child' 'wellbeing' guff. As soon as I saw the word 'stakeholder' the red mist rose and I had to sit down. He gave the main dinner lady a folder an inch and a half thick on how to be a dinner lady, something she wouldn't know about, having only done it for eighteen years. He's also had more shelves fitted in his office - no doubt to accommodate the extra files of useless data he'll be collecting. I think I may ask him about ContactPoint just to be awkward.

No comments: